Posted: 07.04.21 at 11:12 by Ellie Brown
The Environment Agency has released an update on services available at Teddington Lock from now until June 21.
Opening hours and services at Lock will be extended in keeping with the government's roadmap out of lockdown.
Here is the service update in full:
From now until 12 April
- Passage through Teddington Lock will be available from 9am to 3pm.
- Tidal transits and general assisted passage will be offered between these times.
- Visiting licences will not be available at the lock but can be purchased by phoning the Environment Agency Boat Registration team on 0330 159 1983.
- As the self-service facility is not possible at Teddington lock, transits will not be possible through the night and from 3pm until 9am, the lock will be closed to traffic.
From 13 April to 17 May 2021
- Passage through Teddington Lock will be available from 6am to 10pm. Tidal transits and general assisted passage will be available between these times.
- Visiting licences will be available at the lock. Please follow social distancing guidance at the site when purchasing.
- As the self-service facility is not possible at Teddington, transit will not be possible through the night and from 10pm until 6am, the lock will be closed to traffic.
From 18 May to 21 June 2021
- Full 24 hour service will resume including purchasing of licences and journey advice by calling 020 8940 8723
- If a tidal transit in needed for an essential journey outside of any of these restricted times, please call 020 8940 8723 and leave a message in advance and someone will get back to you.
- This service plan could be subject to change if there are changes to government guidance.
Guidance for using the lock
- Transiting through the lock will be practiced with social distancing.
- A member of staff will be on site to operate the pedestal but will have limited ability to assist with ropes in order to keep a safe distance.
- It is recommended at least one crew member be present to manage ropes and react to any incident that may occur.
- Please do not congregate once on a mooring.
- If heading onto the tideway, please make sure you have booked with Brentford or other suitable lock or mooring.
- Please arrive with plenty of time and wait on the layby for instructions from the lock keeper.