Posted: 20.07.21 at 21:00 by Ellie Brown
Looking for a job in Teddington? You've come to the right place.
Here at Teddington Nub News we pick a local job to feature on our site every week.
And you can find even more opportunities in the Teddington area on our dedicated jobs section.
Today's featured opportunity comes via Eurofins Forensic Services who are hiring a Covid Testing Analyst for their lab in Teddington.
This may sound like a technical role but surprisingly you don't have to have a degree in science to work here, as full training will be given.
Indeed, according to the job description it's just as important to have integrity, attention to detail and good time management.
The job is full time on a fixed contract until November 2021.
Here is the full description of the role and how to apply.
To carry out high throughput COVID antigen testing, working flexibly and communicating effectively to deliver results within contractual TAT’s and to the highest quality standards within our Teddington site.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Processing samples for the presence of COVID-19 RNA. This will include administrative duties in addition to lab processing in the following:
• Receipt of samples
• Sample lysis within a CL2 laboratory environment
• Making reagents
• Extraction of RNA
• qRT-PCR of RNA
• Interpretation of results
• Reporting of results
• Adhere to SOP’s, work instructions and EFS Quality Management system (QMS) at all times ensuring good laboratory practice(GLP) is followed
- Report any non-conformances or near misses using local and company quality systems
- Take a proactive approach to Continuous Improvement (CI) within all aspects of the day to day role; striving to improve output and the efficiency of activities carried out across the laboratory and office, both scientific and support tasks
- Perform housekeeping duties including sample archiving and disposal, laboratory cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor stock levels ensuring that it is communicated immediately if consumables fall below base level
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues
- Be responsible and accountable for the results from the samples processed
- Communicate effectively to team members to ensure a smooth flow of work through the laboratory process.
- Work in accordance with Eurofins values of customer focus, competence and team spirit, quality and integrity
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- A scientific qualification or degree would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be provided
- Previous experience in a lab is preferred, but not essential
- Fundamental knowledge of any stage of the process would be beneficial, but not essential
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Good time management skills are desired
- Must have integrity and a strong attitude to quality
- Needs to be a good team player
- Adhere to and display the Eurofins values
Salary: Competitive plus shift allowance
Contract: Fixed-term Contract until end of November 2021
Hours: 40.25 hours per week (average)
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (days / nights), 12 hours per shift (07:00 to 19:00 / 19:00 to 07:00)
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role.
To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK.
Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance.
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
For more information about Eurofins and to apply, click HERE
Surrey Brass will be joined by local choirs and narrator Giles Abbott for a festive programme of words and music and carols for you to sing too. This ...