REVEALED: This week's Teddington Trivia Answers
By The Editor
6th Sep 2020 | Local News
Yesterday we hopefully challenged you with ten more trick Teddington questions.
So without further ado - here are the answers:
- The 281 bus route goes through Teddington but where are its start and end points?
The route runs between Tolworth and Hounslow
- How many churches are there on Church Road?
There are two churches on the road, St Peter & St Paul and Teddington Baptist
- Diners Delight on Church Road featured in the opening episode of which Channel Four Sitcom?
It featured in Spaced's first episode in 1999.
- What was the name of The Landmark Arts Centre building before they took it over in 1995?
The Centre was originally a church called St Alban The Martyr
- What year did Teddington first elect an MP that was not a Conservative?
1997 - Vince Cable scored a win for the Liberal Democrats, with Teddington having remained Lib Den ever since bar a brief period between 2015-2017
- Alan Turing worked at the NPL here in Teddington between 1945-47. Which actor played him in the Imitation Game (2014)
- Where do Teddington Cricket Club play their home matches?
- How many people (to the nearest 100) live in Teddington according to the 2011 census?
10,330 a new census is taking place next year
- Who is Teddington's London Assembly member?
Conservative Tony Arbour has been the member since 2000
- Name a Lebanese restaurant in Teddington.
Either Ruba Restaurant or World Cup Winners Sidra would do